Designed by m has managed to craft one of the most exquisite and well designed iPhone bumpers we've ever seen — in fact "bumper" seems too unrefined a descriptor — but one flaw could mar for some people what is otherwise a nearly perfect companion to Apple's smartphone.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Friday, May 17, 2013
Samsung earned industry praise for estimating that it expected to ship 10 million units of its flagship Galaxy S4 to carriers in its first month on the market, six months after the same journalists voiced disappointment that Apple had sold "only" 5 million iPhone 5's in its first 3 days.
Adding to an earlier report regarding Apple's much rumored "iRadio" streaming music service, another potential stumbling block has been detailed regarding Sony's unwillingness to agree to "skip song" terms.
Facebook-connected hookup app "Bang with Friends" was pulled from Apple's App Store on Friday, with the removal coming a little over one week following the app's debut.
The trend that's seen portable gaming shifting largely to devices like Apple's iPhone continues apace, according to a new report that pegs revenue from gaming on iOS and Android devices at three times the size of revenue on dedicated portable gaming consoles.
Game developer Gameloft is giving iOS users a treat starting this weekend, as two of its titles — Gangstar Rio and N.O.V.A 3 — are both free for a limited time.
Industry sources are saying that Google's willingness to acquiesce to music label demands and the structure of the hybrid service Apple is trying to build are the main reasons why the search giant's music service is live now while the iPhone maker's offering might miss WWDC.
With Intel's next-generation Haswell processors set to launch in a matter of weeks and WWDC to kick off soon after, availability of Apple's 13-inch MacBook Air had begun to dry up at major authorized resellers.
The U.S. Department of Defense announced on Friday that it has officially approved Apple devices running iOS 6 or later to access its secure government networks.
The purchase of 18,000 iPads for use as electronic flight bags has set the stage for the U.S. Air Force to save more than $50 million over the next 10 years.
Three key display suppliers are allegedly preparing for production of Apple's next iPad later this year, with LG Display and Sharp said to already have been selected, while AU Optronics is hoping to get into the mix.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
In a web-only exclusive, U.S. prepaid cell carrier Virgin Mobile has discounted Apple's iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S by 15 percent, bringing prices down to as low as $280.
Television network The CW on Thursday announced it has reached a deal to stream content to the Apple TV, expanding its current at home digital options beyond Microsoft's Windows and Xbox platforms.
Apple CEO Tim Cook on Thursday revealed that the first Mac to built completely in the U.S. in almost two decades will be a new model in an existing product line, shedding a bit more light on the company's "Made in USA" plans.
As Paul Otellini relinquishes the reins of chipmaker Intel, the outgoing chief executive reveals in an in-depth profile that he ultimately passed on a contract to build the silicon which powered Apple's original iPhone, a regretful decision given the handset's wild success.
Tim Cook is going to Washington to talk taxes and overseas cash holdings, and the Apple CEO is heading to the hill with a message: We pay every dollar that we owe.
Hon Hai Precision Industry has made some strides toward improved labor conditions, according to a new report, but the Apple supplier is still working its employees more than Chinese labor law allows.
The Pebble smart watch development kit was updated on Thursday to allow two-way communication between watch and phone apps, along with a new sports API for tracking exercise.
Apple is paying its shareholders a slightly larger quarterly dividend on Thursday, distributing over $2.867 billion in $3.05 per share payments across the company's 940 million outstanding shares.
Apple on Thursday released a new version of its iTunes media suite, with a new MiniPlayer featuring artwork and a progress bar, along with an improved Songs View.
Apple has paid over $100,072 in fees for new building permits on three construction projects valued at over $16 million, all to be located within its new Reno, Nev. iCloud data center site.
High-resolution photos of what may be components from Apple's next-generation iPhone have leaked to the Internet, with multi-colored SIM trays adding to rumors that the so-called "iPhone 5S" will be available in more than just black and white.
An iPhone-driven e-wallet service from Apple could simplify checking out at the store by presenting users with options based on data such as their location, current balance, or applicable rewards cards.
Apple has submitted plans for a new retail location in San Francisco's Union Square that would replace the Apple Store currently at Stockton and Ellis.
Apple's iPhone 5 is getting another battery-boosting accessory from mophie, as the company announced the availability of the juice pack plus, which boosts the battery life of Apple's newest handset by 120 percent.
Apple announced on Thursday that the application downloaded to reach the App Store's 50 billion milestone was "Say the Same Thing" by Space Inch, landing an Ohio man a $10,000 gift card.
Gains made by Google's Android platform chipped away at the smartphone market share of Apple's iOS in the first quarter of 2013, while Microsoft's slow-growing Windows Phone managed to surpass BlackBerry in the battle for third place.
An Apple patent filing discovered on Thursday describes a system in which a primary iOS device, such as an iPhone, remotely controls multiple secondary devices, which can also be iPhones, as slave flashes for the first handset's on-board camera.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- DOJ: Email from Steve Jobs implies Apple wanted to create falsely inflated e-book pricing
- AT&T supposedly offering iPhone 5 for free with iPhone 4S trade-in, 2-year contract
- Google tells Microsoft to take down unofficial YouTube app from Windows Phone store due to lack of ads [u]
- Tim Cook to reportedly testify on offshore tax practices in Senate investigation
- Apple logs 50 billionth App Store download
- Verizon confirms $100 iPhone 5 for featurephone customers [u]
- Reworked Google Maps for iOS, Android gains better search, tablet compatibility
- Revamped, cross-platform Google Hangouts app competes with Apple's iMessages, FaceTime [u]
- Google's All Access music streaming service to take on Spotify, Pandora
- Google Play game services offers cross-platform support on iOS, Android and Web
- Google announces 900 million Android activations, 48 billion app installs
- iPhone's popularity among Facebook staff may have aided in Home's lackluster launch
- EA reveals 'Frostbite Go' game engine for Apple's iOS, Google Android
- Apple iPhone suspected of interfering with airline equipment in 2011 incident
- DOJ says Apple responsible for setting up, executing e-book price fixing
- Google to reportedly debut paid streaming music service at Google I/O
- Study finds Apple's iPhone retains more value than top Galaxy models
- Mobile malware exploding, but only for Android
- Allegedly faulty iPhone 4 power button target of new class action lawsuit against Apple
- Server-side update makes Siri a stickler for succinctness
- Auction winner pays $610K for cuppa with Apple CEO Tim Cook
- ABC updates iOS app with live streams of all programming in select markets
- Nokia reveals slim new Lumia handset with aluminum build
- Netflix accounts for 1/3 of nightly home Internet traffic, Apple's iTunes takes 2%
- Square shows off new hardware stand that turns iPad into a register
- BlackBerry BBM coming to Apple's iOS, Google Android this summer
- Apple adds Samsung's Galaxy S4 to patent infringement suit
- Apple fell to 18% share of smartphone sales in Q1, Gartner says
- Apple supplier Sharp strikes strategic deal with Samsung
- Rumor: Apple to feature sapphire crystal touch home button on 'iPhone 5S'
- Apple patent lets users control a device with taps, thumps and scratches
- Apple wins utility patent for MacBook's trackpad design
- Philips Hue bulbs get smarter with geofencing, 'If This Then That' customization
- AT&T to reportedly drop HTC's 'Facebook Phone' following sluggish sales
- Apple job listings point to new iWork for iOS and OS X with HiDPI graphics
- Password management app 1Password gets robust browser enhancements, sharing, more
- New York authorities ask Apple, Google to help stop smartphone thefts
- T-Mobile's iPhone 5 pricing now $149, carrier update 'hack' reportedly boosts data speeds
- Photo retrospective shows off Apple's iPhone camera quality evolution
- Apple's iPads, iPhones could be subject to new French 'culture tax'
- Amazon launches, gives away millions in Amazon Coins to spur app downloads on Kindle Fire
- Samsung testing 5G wireless technology that can download entire movies in seconds
- An emotional Bill Gates pays homage to Steve Jobs while recounting final meeting
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Monday, May 13, 2013